ESOS is the UK government’s scheme for mandatory energy assessments which must be reviewed and signed off by lead assessors who are on one of the approved registers. We are now in the third compliance period, with an original submission deadline of 5 December 2023 postponed to 5 June 2024 to give the Government time to change the Regulations and make them more onerous.
I run a closed LinkedIn group for people actively engaged with ESOS; it provides a useful forum with high-quality discussion.
- ESOS Regulations 2014. This version has been marked up to show various amendments enacted in 2015, 2016 and 2018;
- ESOS Amendments 2023. An absolute dog’s dinner of amendments to the 2014 Regulations. This link is provided purely for completeness and I wouldn’t recommend trying to fathom it.
- New requirement for an “ESOS Report”: my explanation
- Current scheme guidance from the Environment Agency.
- Extract from the Companies Act 2006 explaining parents, subsidiaries and groups.